Stock Dog Competition
Stock dog trials at the EISF have been held in one form or another since the late 1980’s. These trials are “Open to the World” and to any breed of stock dog. The trials are sponsored by the Eastern Idaho State Fair and the Eastern Idaho Stock Dog Association. The trials are held to showcase the skills of good working dogs and to increase the knowledge base of the general public about working dogs in general. Most of the dogs participating come from local breeders and working ranches.
- Lonna Conroy, (208) 254-3456 or (208) 252-2456
- Entry forms here
- Entries due by Monday, Aug. 22
- Day-of entries will be accepted if trials are not otherwise full.
- 8:00 am First trial on sheep
- Stock dog demonstration on cattle
- 11:00 am Second trial on sheep
- Judge’s meeting with all handlers 30 minutes prior to the start of each trial (trial course will be posted at this time).
Saturday, Sept. 3, 2016
West Events Arena
All exhibitors must review the Department Rules & Exhibitor Info prior to entering a Fair competition. Exhibitors are expected to know, understand, and follow these rules and requirements. Understanding and following these rules and requirements will ensure a trouble-free entering experience.